December 2018 - OUPV Upgrade to 100 Ton Masters Captains License
Do you want to upgrade your OUPV license to 100 Ton Masters License? A Master’s License is the highest-level license and is required if you operate inspected vessels. Inspected vessels can carry more than 6 passengers. To become inspected, the vessel must be built in accordance with rigid USCG Commercial Vessel Inspection standards. This license allows you to operate both inspected vessels (such as inland ferry boats, harbor tours boats, water taxi or dive boat) and uninspected vessels (less than six passengers). This is an add-on course to the OUPV class.
- Inland or Great Lake Masters is the same as your OUPV - 360 days with at least 90 days on the Great Lakes and at least 90 days of sea service on any waters within the last three years.
- Near Coastal Masters is 720 days of which as least 360 days on the Great Lakes and/or Near Coastal waters.
- Everyone get at least a 25 ton endorsement.
- Under the grandfather provisions one day on a vessel documented over 5 gross tons gets you a 50 ton masters license. This ends in 2019.
- Under the new regulation 50 ton requires 90 days (25%) of service of vessels of 26 GRT or above,
- OR 180 days (50%) of service on vessels 17 GRT or above.
- For a 100 ton master Inland or Great Lakes, you need 180 days on a vessel over 34 gross tons or 90 days on a vessel over 51 gross tons.
- For the near Coastal these number double.
Milwaukee Yacht Club
1700 N Lincoln Memorial Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53202 (US)
- Friday Dec 7th - 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday Dec 8th - 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday Dec 9th - 8:00am – 5:00pm